Makita XSH08Z 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless 71/4 Circular Saw with Guide Rail Compatible Base, Tool Only
Makita, a pioneer in brushless motor technology and battery innovation, combines both in the 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless 7-1/4” Circular Saw Kit (XSH08Z). It's powered by two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries for maximum performance, and has an electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless motor that matches torque and RPM to the application. Makita 18V X2 means freedom from the cord, even for demanding applications like cutting sheet and dimensional lumber that traditionally called for a corded saw. Best of all, users can remain in one battery platform, using the same fast-charging 18V batteries with the XSH08Z as they use across the expansive Makita 18V LXT® cordless tool system.
In internal testing, the XSH08Z made up to 610 cross-cuts per charge in 2x4 SPF lumber and up to 320 crosscuts per charge in 2x10 SPF lumber using two fully-charged 5.0Ah batteries (sod separately). The saw has a large 2-5/8” cutting capacity at 90 degrees.
The XSH08Z has a long list of features for efficient cutting without the cord. The electronically-controlled brushless motor delivers a full 6,000 RPM for efficient cutting, with Automatic Speed Change™ technology to adjust the cutting speed and torque under load for optimum performance. The saw has a die-cast magnesium base, blade guard and blade cover. The base is compatible with optional guide rails (sold separately) for dead-on straight or bevel cutting. The compatible base means there is no need for an adapter to use with an optional guide rail. Added features include an electric brake for maximum productivity and a built-in dust blower to clean the line-of-cut and a built-in tether notch (tether sold separately).
The XSH08Z includes a 7-1/4” 24T Carbide-Tipped Max Efficiency Miter Saw Blade. The thin-kerf design provides smoother cuts with less drag on the motor and minimal material loss. Compared to standard blades the Max Efficiency Miter Saw Blade delivers up to 70% faster cutting.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating.
- DESIGN : 0°- 48° bevel capacity with a positive stop at 45°
- PERFORMANCE : Delivers up to 610 cross-cuts per charge in 2x4 SPF (with 5.0Ah batteries, sold separately)
- CAPACITY : Large 2-3/8” cutting capacity at 90°
- CONVENIENCE : Convenient guide rail compatible base without the need for an adapter
- INCLUDES : Tool only (battery and charger not included)
- Convenient guide rail compatible saw base interacts with optional guide rails to provide perfect, dead-on straight or bevel cutting without the need for an adapter
- Powered by two LXT® batteries; X2 LXT® technology delivers more power, RPM and run time without the hassles of a cord (batteries not included)
- Makita built electronically controlled BL™ Motor delivers 6,000 RPM for maximum performance and 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- X2 LXT® technology delivers up to 610 crosscuts per charge in 2x4 SPF lumber and up to 320 crosscuts per charge in 2x10 SPF lumber using two 5.0Ah batteries (batteries not included)
- Large 2-3/8” cutting capacity at 90°
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- 0°- 48° bevel capacity with a positive stop at 45°
- Die-cast magnesium base, blade guard, and blade cover provide a lightweight, durable design
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 13-3/4" long
- Weighs only 11.3 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included) for operator comfort
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauges indicate battery charge levels
- On-board blade wrench for convenience
- Flat motor housing design for stability when changing the blade
- Built-in dust blower cleans the line of cut for operator accuracy
- Built-in tether notch (tether sold separately)
- Dual L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area
- Ideal for framers, builders, roofers, forming, and more
- Included dust nozzle accessory directs material away from the operator; allows connection to a vacuum for improved dust collection
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- The Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the batteries' built-in chips throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (batteries and charger sold separately)
- The Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the batteries for faster, more efficient charging (batteries and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (batteries and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (batteries sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
We don't have any reviews, yet. Be the first to review this item.