The Makita 1002BA Curved Base Planer is used for creating arches and arcs in timbers and working on scarfs in logs. With a simple modification to the blades, the tool is frequently used to create the hand-hewn look in timbers and logs. The 1002BA has a large two-handed design and a large front grip for improved comfort and fine depth adjustment. Additinoal features include the large chip ejection chute, and a lock-on button for continuous use. The adjustable bevel radius adjust up to 11-13/16 in., and the bevel base is factory adjusted for notching out logs at a 12-5/8 in. radius.
- : Large planing width for even cuts
- : Precision machined base for notching out logs at a 12-5/8" curved radius
- : Large ejection chute for high rate of chip discharge
- : Conveniently located front and rear grips for operator control
- : Sharpening holder, blade gauge, wrench and blade
- Powerful 9.6 AMP motor with 15,000 RPM for improved performance
- Precision machined base for notching out logs at a 12-5/8" curved radius
- Planes 4-3/8" width and 3/16" deep in a single pass
- Large ejection chute for high rate of chip discharge
- Conveniently located front and rear grips for operator control
- Lock-on button for continuous operation
- Smoothes and notches out logs for a perfect fit
- Adjustable bevel radius to 11-13/16"
- Large conveniently located depth settings knob for easy adjustments
- Ideal for planning curved lumber and other radius materials
No Load Speed15,000 RPM
Net Weight11.4 lbs.
Max. no load speed15,000 RPM
Shipping Weight15.4 lbs.