Makita GS5000 5" Straight Grinder
- 30-day returns
- Fast shipping
- Secure payments
- Over 300,000 products
The 5” Straight Grinder, model GS5000, features an elongated body design with straight grinding wheel position and is engineered for applications in hard-to-reach spaces. It is ideal for metal grinding, paint and rust removal, ship and yard maintenance, steel grinding and cutting, body work, smoothing weld beads, and more. The GS5000 is powered by a Makita-built 7 AMP motor with 5,600 RPM for demanding applications. The spiral bevel gears are engineered for smoother rotation and a more efficient transfer of energy. Convenience features include a “tool-less” guard cap removal for quick wheel changes, and externally accessible brushes for easier service-ability.
The GS5000 has three key dust and debris defense features. Labyrinth construction is a series of channels engineered to capture dust and debris, and prevents contaminants from penetrating the gear box and main bearing. Makita’s unique “zig zag” application pattern is a more innovative option than simply covering the coils with epoxy, as the zig-zag pattern allows space for heat to escape, yet at the same time forms a solid barrier under rotation to prevent debris from attaching. The dust-sealed drive bearing is a spring-loaded metal seal that helps prevent dust and debris penetration.
- PERFORMANCE : Powerful 7.0 AMP motor delivers more output and 5,600 RPM
- COMFORT : Rubberized gear housing and handle for operator comfort
- CONVENIENCE : “Tool-less” guard cap removal for convenient wheel changes
- DESIGN : Externally accessible brushes for easier serviceability
- INCLUDES : Hex wrench, wrench holder, lock nut, inner flange
- Rubberized handle for increased operator comfort
- “Tool-less” guard cap removal for more convenient wheel changes
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Externally accessible brushes for easier serviceability
- Zig-zag varnish protects the armature coil by deflecting dust and debris for longer motor life
- Labyrinth construction helps prevent dust and debris from penetrating the main bearing or gear box
- Spring loaded sealed drive bearing is engineered to help prevent dust and debris from penetrating drive bearing
- Rubberized gear housing for increased operator comfort
- Larger cooling fan and blades pull more air through the motor to help maintain lower operating temperature
- Ideal for metal fabrication and pipe welders
We don't have any reviews, yet. Be the first to review this item.